Monday 4 May 2009

Surely If Britain Had Talent, We Would Have Found It By Now

In my opinion, I hate to love Britain's Got Talent because it annoys me with some of the people that get through with a lack of talent, but I love to laugh at the stupidity of these people who think they have talent and Ant and Dec mocking them and trying not to laugh.

My definition of talent is being able to do something remarkable which not a lot of people can do. An example is acting, however any moron can act on the West End as long as they've been on reality telly, which means the people that do go to university who can act incredibly well, are shunned for the more known names. Singing is another example, but then anyone can record a CD and sell it, as long as they have access to some form of recording equipment and can 'mix some tunes', meaning people who can play multiple instruments and sing rather well, are in the shadow of these 'bad boys from Peckham'.

Talent on series 3 of Britain's Got Talent has included people skipping, whistling, farting with their hands, playing a tune through their nose, a so-called 'living saxophone', knitting and many more things that wouldn't even be worthy of a travelling freak show, or maybe that is what Britain's Got Talent has become... If they are considered talents, then I should go and join the travelling freak show too, because I can wiggle both my nose and ears - AT THE SAME TIME! It's a good party trick to show to a bunch of drunken people, that's all I'm saying.

As if an hour a week, for 6 weeks a year isn't enough, you can watch Britain's Got More Talent straight after on ITV 2 for another hour of 'talent' hosted by magician and pantomime star - Stephen Mulhern. For the Piers Morgan fans, should any exist, he does a lot more talking and general twatishness where he thinks he is hilarious and 'bloody brilliant'. A Good quote from Charlie Brooker this week’s referred to him as 'ShitSlug O' Ballbags', it bears no importance to this blog, but I just liked to mention it. Anyway, you could say that the ITV 2 counterpart acts more as a behind-the-scenes special, in where I sit and weep for the humanity, whether it is through Swine Flu or lack of culture in their brains.

The media have been constantly focused on the Susan Boyle from Bonny Scotland the last few weeks, and it has been mainly focused on her looks and the fact she hasn't been kissed. She got her hair done, and the media are there to take pictures of her new make-over. The media have even gone down every avenue to try and prove that she has been kissed, so it was their day when someone came along with footage of her being snogged by Michael Barrymore - one of my childhood heroes. Susan Boyle is considered the ugliest surprise since Paul Potts.

Speaking of Paul Potts, where is he now? He done the royal variety two years ago, got his teeth done and released a number one selling album and hasn't been seen since. Maybe he's gone back to working at Carphone Warehouse. And as for George Samson, where is he now? He done the royal variety show a year ago, released a dance DVD and is now probably working in McDonalds after school. It seems for a short lived career, Britain's Got Talent is the show for you, and if you make Amanda Holden tingle, you're going to win apparently.

Personally, I think that Britain's Got Talent is the metaphorical equivalent to Marmite; you either love it, or hate or in my case, hate to love it. It's disastrously awful, and yet it's the most popular show on Telly at the moment, and I try not to miss a single episode. I'm one of these people who gets sucked into liking any of Simon Cowell shows, X-Factor is another example, although I wasn't really addicted to the last series, like I have to previous ones.

Everyone has their own opinion, but that's my opinion of the polished turd...
So, Toodles M'dearys
xXXx

P.S. Here is a video of eScala, an electric string quartet who were on last it last year, who got into the final, who I thought should have won. Nether-the-less, they have an album coming out in May/June and here is a song I quite like...


No comments: