Wednesday 6 May 2009

Since When Do Living Statue's Sneeze?

I forgot to mention this in my previous blog and it was quite a funny thing to see, so it really needs to be said - today in Canterbury I saw a living statue. That's nothing unusual really; you see them where ever you go really, except most of them don't have Swine Flu...

I walked past a bloke, painted in silver and standing on a box, incredibly still and he did look really good. I'm not one for giving money to beggars; in fact I am against it. Why don't they just go and get a job like normal folk? Anyway, that's not really that important at the moment. As he was really good though, and I had some lose change in my pocket, I thought that I would go over and give it to him. I didn't in the end, and I shall tell you why...

As I began to walk towards him, he began to have a sneezing fit, and I stopped walking towards him - a rule that I have is to not be near someone I don't know, who is sneezing and could possibly have mental problems. That ruined it for me - since when have statues sneezed - living or cemented. Then, everyone around him stopped to have a look at how this idiot would recover his act, and what did he do?

Yes, he got a tissue out of his pocket, and blew his nose. It was at that point I, and numerous other people I noticed, put their money back in their pockets. He then put his tissue away, apologised to his increasing audience and attempted to shake hands with a little girl - after he has been sneezing.

Swine Flu is only passed person-to-person because of idiots like him who have no idea what the word 'hygiene' means or the words 'Get A Job' it seems. His crowd slowly dispersed, and he carried on as if nothing has happened. So, if you hear about Swine Flu in Canterbury, you can blame the silver statue standing outside Lloyds bank...

Now it's time for me to go to bed so I can awake again tomorrow for another busy day - OH THE JOY.
Toodles m'dearys
xXXx

No comments: