Sunday 17 May 2009

Stressed Backwards Spells Desserts Did You Know...

It seems like I've been eating too many doughnuts, biscuits, pafita rolls, muffins and other such delicious desserts, as they are obviously the cause of my recent (but now decreasing) stress levels. I did think that it may be due to it being the time of year when the exams are looming and coursework deadlines are nearing - but no, it's because of my sweet tooth. Actually, that's a ridiculous theory. Fine, my stress was caused by school related matters...

Even though Photography sounds like an easy subject and is considered by most to be a 'Doss' lesson, it's actually far from it, and I think has been a main source of my stress in the past few days - trying to get it all finished before the deadline. Waiting for the printer to print out my images in between it's hissy fits and tearing up tissue paper to make my folder look pretty. It's contributed I believe. Is there more of a manly experience than tearing up tissue paper I ask myself?
With rushing to stick down all my ideas in the form of images and writing about it, whilst still going to school and revising, it doesn't take long for one to have a mini breakdown, which consisted of a few tears and a nose bleed. All my photography is now done, albeit handed in two days late, and thus the reason for my stress levels decreasing.

Even though I have 2 exams remaining to conquer, they don't stress me the slightest bit, when technically they should, because they are stressing everyone else. Stress of any type is really uncommon for me though, because I am one these people who takes everything in their stride, and lets nothing bother them. Whereas everyone around gets worked up about exams, and the night before, revise so much that they forget what their name is and write the wrong one on the exam paper, I don't. I am always quietly confident, and exams have never stressed me, and I don't expect they ever will. The way I see it though, is that we need to start playing Enya in exams, which will hopefully relax everyone and hopefully the performance of pupils may increase... Or decrease if they all fall asleep.

I am in no way saying though that I've been more stressed than anyone else, because it's far from that. There are people in my school who in the past week have had to redo parts of their coursework, do multiple drama performance - one of which is marked by an examiner, and doing an English exam. Now that is what I call stress. I could get all satirical at this point and mention how all the MP's are stressed in case The Times newspaper uncovers that they too have been putting down silly expense claims. Maybe one of them put an expense in for a shredder, which they then used to shred all evidence of their expenses. Although, none of them would do that, would they?

I expect Gordon Brown has too been under a lot of stress the past few - years I suppose you'd say, with him being just as unpopular as every other MP in the country at the moment, although still remaining just above Piers Morgan in the popularity polls. Should he sack every cabinet member so only he is left? Should he himself resign? Should he call a general election and call for his own suicide too? Should he just keep quiet for a few weeks and hope it all blows over? Should he try and catch Swine Flu and gain the sympathy vote? These are all questions he has to ask himself, and there is no doubt about it, he must under rather a lot of stress. Maybe Enya should become the new speaker of the House of Commons, and every time it gets a bit heated she breaks into spontaneous 'singing'.

You can tell how stressed I am now though by the fact instead of spending my long weekend revising exams and what not, I spend the time watching Eurovision, watching 'Not The Nine O'Clock News' on DVD, writing and planning multiple blogs, sorting out other peoples love lives and many other things that don't include revision of any form. I've even been slowly munching my way through my last Easter Egg. I am glad that I'm no longer stressed, but I always feel guilty when I'm not stressed, and everyone around me is... Everyone around me has patches of baldness where they've been tearing their hair out, but I still have my beautiful, golden locks, metaphorically anyway, but I do have lovely hair.

Anyway, Toodles m’dearys
xXXx

No comments: