Monday 21 September 2009

I Passed My Theory In A Conventional Way

Yes, it is true; stage one of driving tests is complete. Maybe not in flying colours, but a pass is a pass, and no-one was expecting me to pass first time, including me. I probably shouldn't have passed considering I put no effort into it until the day before. Did I read the Highway Code every night? No, I hardly ever read it. However, I'm sure you're all aware of software which can help you pass, which I did use every-so-often, doing mock exams. The software is great for the fact I got pretty much the exact same questions in my real test as my mocks.

Anyway, driving lesson 13 was a very good lesson in my opinion, which means I had four good lessons in a row. Maybe I'm beginning to improve? No. Anyway, lesson 13 included the usual three point turns, reversing around a corner, parallel parking, and reversing into a parking space, as usual. Also done some driving on country roads and didn't crash into any tractors. I did also do an emergency stop, but only to avoid the man who decided to just cross the road. I am starting to think that a lot of people in Canterbury want to die...

Lesson 14, and wasn't one of my more confident lesson due to it being majorly on roads I've never been on, and was the first lesson for a while that I've spent the lesson wanting to just get out of the car. However, I didn't do too many mistakes so was still a rather successful. Obviously, I did a three point turn, parallel parking and reversing around a corner. I'm beginning to get bored of writing the same stuff for every lesson, but there isn't really much humour to be squeezed out of my driving lessons - Sorry.

Anyway, onto Lesson 15 and was my first Saturday morning lesson - and was my favourite lesson to date. We went a bit more adventurous this lesson. We still done a parallel park, three point turn, and reversing around a corner, but I also reversed down a hill and into a parking space (a skill you will never really need) and reversed around a corner into a parking space. It's nice to show off sometimes the stuff you can do.
Due to this being lesson 15, it means me and the driving instructor have been in the same car for 15 hours, and of course you get to know each other and was a lesson I enjoyed not just because I done no mistakes, but because it was the first lesson I felt totally relaxed and had proper conversations with him, so you could say my lessons where starting to look up...

Wrong. Lesson 16 was on a Monday, or in other words, the first day back at school after the school holidays. It wasn’t a good lesson, and possibly my worst to date. After going a few lessons without stalling the car, I was disappointed that I stalled the car so many times I lost count. Also, after improving my gear changes to smooth and un-noticeable, was a shame that a lot of my gear changes where jumpy and very noticeable. However, I did reverse it around a corner and into a parking space and also parallel parked (again), and they were fine, so it wasn't all bad.

Something I realised whilst watching a repeat of Have I Got News For You on Dave, is that my driving instructor looks very much like someone called Bob Marshall-Andrews. For those of you who have a life and don't know anything about politics, he is a Labour MP for Medway, who was famous for his dislike of Tony Blair (during his reign as Prime Minister) and numerous controversies. Anyway, just something I observed and thought I would mention in the blog. Nice to change the subject (if only briefly) from driving onto politics.
Busy week for my blog this week, and a big change is happening on Sunday, so look out for that!
Toodles m’dearys
xXXx

No comments: