Tuesday 29 September 2009

Celebration Of One Year Of My Blog Part 2


Part Two of the celebrations is here (a day late), and this part is more about peoples responses. Not many responses really, I grant you, but enough to squeeze a blog out of. I am aware that these few blogs are not the most thrilling of all time, but I will learn from my mistakes and make the year two (should it survive that long) celebrations much more fun.

"This is the first time I've read one of your blogs and it’s actually really funny". People always seem surprised that I can be funny, and I'm never sure whether to take it as a compliment or not. Okay, I've not exactly go Paul Merton's wit, Frankie Boyle's anger, David Mitchell's ranting skills or Ross Noble's randomness, but I can be funny. I suppose a lot of people only see the sensible side of me, which can come across as boring, but I'm actually not.

I always quite like it when people agree with me and it means I don't come across as a highly opinionated freak. "I like this... Alot! 'my opinion is that their whole relationship was publicity based, and that they only broke up because ITV 2 wouldn't renew their contract for another series.' LMAO agreed lol Good job!" This was about my blog on the Katie/Peter split, and it's not often I get given a LMAO or an LOL, so even though I dislike the abbreviations, their message does warm my heart - kinda. Anyway, a person liking things is good!

You have to bear in mind, that up until a few months ago, I was a Media student, and I still really would like to get into a media career. This has been noticed; "For someone studying the media, you seem very against it Stu." It does seem rather odd that I seem dislike all aspects of media, and still consider it as a career path to walk down. If I wanted to go all Martin Luther King-esk, I could say 'I want to become a Journalist, because I have a dream of changing it - for the better!' I'd be lying though, because it isn't going to change anytime soon, and I don't have the motivation to campaign for a useless cause.

I get quite simple comments as well, which I just ignore really. Someone simply just write "very nice and funny good one" due to simple punctuation not being used. How can you read a piece of writing with near perfect punctuation, and then comment using none, and it making no sense. I suppose The Sun is there to meet the needs of that target audience with pictures, and simple words and such. I do also occasionally get messages that I'm not sure why they bothered with it really, due to it bearing very little relevance to what the subject of the blog was. Oh well.

Something that does happen a lot, is that people will read my blog and then just re-write it in their own words to show they understand what I was saying, in less words and adding their point of view. If they really wanted to do that, then surely writing their own blog would do the same thing. Anyway, I have no problem with that, it obviously means that they took in what I mentioned in the blog.
This happened a few times with my Jade Goody blogs, in which people put across their own opinion of the matter. I actually deleted most of them, because a lot of them where saying how I should show more sympathy for her and her family and saying she 'saved a generation of young women from cervical cancer.' Did she heck! I did get one comment which has become my favourite comment on one of my blogs about Jade Goody. "She didn't fight very hard. Got cancer > went bald > died. Seems a bit like rolling over and accepting it to me". I think this perfectly summed it up, and I want more comments like that! Anyway, this blog isn't about her, for once!

I do get some comments which are more just ego boosters than anything else. Getting comments like "I find you utterly hilarious", "You have a nasty wee sense of humour. So funny! I love it!" and "You have SUCH strong views on things, it's utterly hilarious!" fall into that category, and no, I didn't make any of them up! There are some people that do find me 'hilarious' and appreciate my strong views of things. I like them comments, so do feel free to leave more them as well; infact, please do leave comments, because I do like reading them, whether they annoy me slightly, make me chuckle or just make me smile.

Anywho, one more blog coming up in a few days, and it’s a special!

No comments: