Sunday 27 September 2009

Celebration Of One Year Of My Blog Part 1

It's been a year. 27th September 2008 was when I posted my first blog, about reality television and having a good rant about it, and a year later, I'm still ranting about it. It started out as an ICT project, to update a blog over a period of six weeks, but it seems I got quite into it and here I am. Okay, I'm the only person on this world that actually cares about 'celebrating' the age of a blog. I suppose there aren't many people that would be sad enough to celebrate a website lasting a year.

In that year of ranting about various things and people, moaning about my non-existent love life and boring you with a lesson-by-lesson account of my driving lessons, it's accounted to 59 blogs (not including this one). 11 of those blogs have mentioned the words Jade Goody and included at least a few lines ranting about her time in the media spotlight and not being very sympathetic of her being dead. Within those 59 I have also clocked up 46, 587 words, a number of which were probably words you probably couldn't repeat to a 10 year old child.

Doing these blogs isn't just a way for me to vent my anger in a way in which no-one gets hurt and that can occasionally contain the odd bit of mild humour. It's actually a way (if only to myself) proving my writing ability, especially after a knock to my confidence with getting an E in AS English. It's a way for me improve myself, and if you compare my more recent blogs to my first blogs, you can see a change in my sophistication, or at least that's what I see.

Something that I think comes across in my blogs a lot is that I can be slightly cynical. I say slightly cynical, I am actually very cynical. Infact, I'm so cynical that I actually think that Captain Birdseye was only invented to give old fat men with a white beard who were too drunk to play Father Christmas, something to do and that Global Warming would be happening even if Jeremy Clarkson was never born. I also have moments where I think I've just had a stroke of Comedy genius, but turns out it wasn't that funny. An example of this is when I thought up the Captain Birdseye comment a few days ago; I actually had to walk away from my laptop for a few minutes to calm down as I was laughing so much. Turns out, it's not actually that funny a comment.

Something that unfortunately seems to come out in my blog is that I'm a bastard. In the technical sense of the word, I am, but in the modern sense of the word, I'm not. I am actually a rather nice person, honestly. Why I come across as a bit of a bastard is probably because it's hard to be negative about everything and having strong opinions against the silliest of things and still come across as 'an okay guy'.

Every so often in a blog, I write something which I quite like, and makes me laugh. One of my favourites is in a blog which I moaning about the climate of fear we find ourselves in, with constant worry from the possibility of a terrorist attack. "Once upon a time, the Wolf went to extreme lengths to see what was in Little Red Ridding Hoods basket, but now he has to call the Bomb Disposal Unit..." in an attempt to put a mirror up to society and show them how paranoid they are. That's now a line I try and mention at any convenient point.

Assuming you're reading this on my blog, and not on Facebook, you probably would have noticed slight changes with me now having a banner, a slight change in layout and in colour schemes, and now looking more professional than before. A new feature which is available on the blog is a kind of rating system at the bottom of each blog post. You have the option to mark the blog as Funny, Interesting or Boring, but be nice please.
Anyway, for my Facebook readers, here's a link for you to look at the new look.
www.im-called-stuart.blogspot.com

Another blog shall come tomorrow, a part two of the 'celebration', and then after that there will be a special blog before returning to normal service with plenty of rants for another year - hopefully!



P.S That's a new thing too, just to add the more 'personal' touch.

No comments: