Wednesday 18 March 2009

My God, There Are Some Idiots About...


Well, obviously the care homes can’t afford to look after idiotic people anymore due to the credit crunch, so have been let onto the streets, of Canterbury it seems – although I’m sure where ever you go in the country, it won’t take long for you to find an idiot to talk to...

I’ve been fortunate to have the morning off, so have enjoyed the sunshine, and been out in public, on the bus, in shops and walking down the high street, and everywhere I went, I seemed to find someone asking silly question or people being genuinely stupid.

First things first, I caught the bus today into Canterbury from Boughton and sat on the top deck, taking pictures of the scenery for my photography, and I was listening to these two women talking, and one of them seriously said to the other – “Are you going somewhere?” We are all on a bus, obviously going somewhere, and she asks that question. How idiotic is that? She could have asked ‘Where you off too?’ or ‘Are you going somewhere nice?’ But no, she asks a question, which has a blatant reply. “Yes.”

So, we all got off the bus, and I thought no-more about it. Then, during my travels around Canterbury, I pop into the card shop which is appropriately named ‘Birthdays’. You look at the name and you go, ‘Oh, they must sell Birthday cards’. Well my dear friends, I was wrong. Just as I was paying for my purchases, a man walked in, and he had the cheek to ask the assistant – “Do you sell birthday cards?” That has to be one of the stupidest questions ever asked by humans. If I had enough confidence, I would have given him a right talking too, after I said something sarcastic. Maybe something along the lines of ‘Of course not, it’s called Birthdays so people know that they don’t sell birthday cards!’ That really annoyed me that question did.

Then we get to the final point, which proves how stupid some people are...
If you live in Canterbury, then I am sure that you have at some time, encountered a women half way down the high street giving out ‘Lucky Heather’ in return for a pound coin. I have fallen into this, and I did do this last year. Unfortunately, my luck didn’t change, so was a waste of money. Every time I walk down the street the past few weeks, she offers me one, and on two occasions I have started an argument with her, hoping she’d get the point that I don’t want one. Although today, I encountered her again, and as usual, she asked me to buy one. I didn’t argue, and just ignored her as it does no good, and I don’t like to argue with anyone. The fact that I have made my point quite clear, and yet she still offers me one is ridiculous. The heather has clearly come out of someone’s garden and she’s wrapped it in a bit of foil, so unless she managed to get a leprechaun to ‘take a leak’ on it, I fail to see where the luck has come from. Although, for the record, I don’t endorse leprechaun wee to be lucky as I have had no experience with the stuff.

It does amaze me how many idiots you encounter on a day-to-day bases. Then, if I wanted to, I could continue to talk about people I know. People who consider themselves to be my best friends, when actually they bore me, the topics we discuss are hardly of any interest to me. He’d be better talking to a 10 year old kid than me, although I do fear the 10 year old kid would get eaten. Oh well, that’s life, and unfortunately, we are stuck with it. Unless, we endorse euthanasia, which is kind of illegal, so we must do the best next thing, and either ignore them or give them sarcastic replies. It’s the only way these people are going to learn.

Oh, and while I’m on the subject. When Jade Goody dies, I have decided I am going to do my own little tribute to her, like OK magazine have. Difference is, I’m going to wait until she passes onto the next world – wherever that will be. And don’t worry, I am expecting to get some ‘negative’ responses to it.

Toodles m’dearys.

Stuy xXXx

No comments: