Saturday 25 October 2008

Friday Night Telly – and What Did I See Instead at the Cinema?

Friday night telly is actually really good at the moment. Usually I might watch Coronation Street and then sit down and watch Have I Got News for You, then Little Britain USA, QI, and then maybe I’ll watch Jonathan Ross. I do actually quite enjoy it.


Although for some reason, last night was different. I found myself at the cinema, watching, dare I say it, High School Musical 3, or as it says on the ticket – H. School Musical 3. Now, i’m known for not being very fond of High School Musical, and if I’m honest, I’m not sure why I went to see this one.
I did watch the first one over Easter when I was bored, and got really annoyed with it and never watched the second one because I didn’t want to.

So, here is my view of the third one. You may be surprised as to what I say.
Even though I hated, I actually liked it, a little bit anyway. If it wasn’t a Disney film, I may have liked it. Like all Disney films, everyone was happy, and did not at all represent real teenage life.
Teenage life is nothing like that – especially in America. When they go into spontaneous singing and dancing, how come everyone knows the words and moves? No way could that ever happen in really life, although I would love to see it happen.
America, at the moment, is well known for its High School shootings, so how come none of the main characters got shot by some perverted, virgin guy? That’s what I want to know. And how come everyone in the school is good looking, talented and madly in love? It makes me sick, and also a tad jealous.

The cinema was full of Zac Efron fans, including the ones I was with. Now, this was obvious on a number of occasions, namely when he took his shirt off. Unfortunately though, we never got to see his six pack, we only saw his back. Shame really.
Also, you’ll find I got into it a bit too much. Halfway through, I found the need to shout ‘bitch’ at Vanessa Hudgens. She did deserve it though.
And also, there is one song which I liked, but don’t tell anyone, it’s a secret and i’ll never hear the end of it if people were to find out. It’s ‘Scream – Zac Efron’, the one he was singing while prancing around the school at night.


So, was it 115 minutes well spent of my Friday evening, instead of watching some brilliant comedy? No, unfortunately I won’t be doing it again and I won’t be pre-ordering it on play.com. I am glad I went to see it though, because I can’t say I hate something I’ve never seen. Well, I could if I wanted to.
So, that’s my opinion of HSM3.

And now, ITV start a new series this weekend called 'Britannia High' which is, as you can probably guess, the English version of HSM. I'm guessing it will be just as pants as the original, but I'm sure it will get high ratings, somehow.

If you fancy listening to the song I like, here is a link to it on YouTube -
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sKTt51LgAbE

Just A Bit of Information For You
I will no longer being doing this blog weekly, I will do it when I have an idea, so sometimes I will do a few during a week, and sometimes I won’t do any.So, I’ll be back in a few days with another blog. Toodles.

2 comments:

Being Me said...

Haa I saw HSM3 with you :)
Was funny !
Good film
Amazing!

Being Me said...

She Did Deserve it though..Breaking up with him..how dare she lol