Sunday 30 September 2012

Four Years Blogging; Now It's Becoming Neglected

And so, another year has passed in the age of my blog; now having just 'celebrated' its 4th birthday. However, over the past year I have been busy getting a degree and therefore my blog has suffered. Once upon a time, I used to get annoyed if I hadn't blogged for over a week, but those days are long gone. Now, I can post anything for six weeks, and I only find it slightly frustrating.

So why have I become so neglectful of my digital baby in recent times? There are a few factors:

The first is that I am doing a Joint University degree in Journalism and Creative and Profession Writing. Both are, as you would expect, very reliant on writing, and lots of it. It's relentless with essays and proposals and stories and poems and notes. So, why would I then chose to write to wind down after a day of writing? Well, I don't - that's the point.

The second reason is that I am happy in life. My blog excelled when I always angry and hating people who mistook their infatuation for a fellow human, as love. But seeing as I am still in a relationship with a real girl, for over 14 months and now living in a London apartment together, I can no longer rage against being a singleton. That's good; I'm not wishing to be single again, but it just leaves me with less inspiration.

The third reason is that I now have to live a responsible life. I now think about mundane adult things like the interest on my savings, the best deal on my car and home insurance, which gas and electric provider to use and the TV License being frozen until 2016. How boring! No one wants to read how I managed to save over £300 on my car insurance this year without even changing my provider. In fact, I don't want to write about that; I'd sooner cut my hands off than type how I have three years no claims bonus and still paying extortionate amounts of money to drive legally.

So you see, I don't blog as much now because I have become boring. I no longer have much of interest to say to anyone anymore. I'm sorry. I just sit in the corner, listening to everyone witter on about their incorrect opinions, and eventually I'll just say something, to which everyone rolls their eyes at.

Saying all that however, I do feel I have written some very good blogs in the past year, for example my previous one regarding the Duchess of Cambridge's nipples, a blog about babies and their poo, a blog about shouting 'I'm Offended!' and also the blog I wrote back when Gadaffi was paraded on television. These are some of the ones of the past year I enjoyed writing, and believe I wrote very well.

Yet again, the blogs I write that seem to be increasingly popular are my reviews. Some reviews were of newly released albums, which this year consisted of Maroon 5 and Matchbox Twenty, and others were of comedy shows such as Stewart Lee and Chris Addison. And even my review of the Olympic opening ceremony was rather popular, as well as my thoughts of the latest adaptation of Wuthering Heights.

In desperation to break my blogging silence, I have written a few blogs I'm not particularly happy with this year, such as my blog about my trip to Madame Tussuads. Saying that however, I did get a back handed compliment in the form of a comment on that blog, left anonymously.
It started off very lovely and full of flattery; "Wow. You really have a very handsome face, even quite resembling Nicholas Hoult." Oh, handsome and being likened to a young television actor. *Childish giggles*
Then the person had to carry on typing; "I hope you won't mind me saying this, but maybe you could incorporate workout in your weekly activities, then I'm sure you'll be such a heartthrob if you aren't already." I post a few pictures of me, and people start giving me advice on my lifestyle. I didn't mind this person saying it, but talk about buttering up a criticism…
I personally cannot see it, besides the hair style maybe...
 Anywho, I have a few directions I want to take with my blogs over the next year. I will still continue to post comics and short stories on my other blog called 'Creative Turmoil', so keep looking there for new stuff. Also, for the foreseeable, I will still blog here about various things, such reviews of shows I've seen and albums I've brought. I suspect I will still share my opinions about happenings in the World of Journalism, and share my opinions on general life. However, my target for the next year (or so) is to actually purchase some web space and begin blogging there. I'm open to your thoughts on that…

And finally, I will share the latest statistics on my blog, like I do every birthday - just because I am boring. In the four years of blogging, I have now written and posted (including this one) 174 blogs, which between them contain 191,170 words… That would be enough to publish two books if I had focused my writing more…

Anyway, on that statistical bombshell, it's time to end. See you next blog!

No comments: