Monday 31 August 2009

Alcoholics' Are Not Anonymous When Pissed

The life of an average Skins characters is filled up with Sex, Alcohol, continues partying and they may even go to college once in a while. In a time when the Government is continuously telling teenagers to not to drink in excess, not have sex, cut the partying to a minimum and ALWAYS go school, not that it really works, it's a wonder that shows like Skins are allowed on our Telly's, which glamorise all that. I know no-one who has a life like that.

Either way, this blog isn't going to be about Skins, I just thought that would be a reasonably good introduction to the blog. I'm not a big drinker, well, I don't drink just to get drunk anyway - if anything it’s just social thing if I'm honest. I hardly drink at home and I've never really got drunk, but tipsy yes. Unlike a lot of people, I know my limit. People who don't know their limit will drink, and continue to drink until they start feeling funny and inevitably throw up.

I've come to the conclusion that alcohol has the potential to make an evening fun, as well as turn it into a disaster. A lot of people regret getting drunk, and then vow to never 'touch a drop of alcohol ever again' before falling asleep on the toilet and using the basin as a pillow, while dreaming about the next time they'll have some Vodka and Lime. Then the next day you'll find them with a can of Strongbow.

I come from a family who like a drink, as some will be aware. I have a mother well known for her love of Wine, Pimms, Cava, Brandy, RosÄ—, Cider, Beer, Shandy, and more but I’ve not got time to list them all. I’ve also got a Grandad who spent the best parts of his life in Pubs throughout Kent and numerous other relatives who equally love their drink. Yet, for now at least, it's not rubbed off on me, but then you have to bear in mind, I am not yet 18, so I should be typing that I have never touched a drop of alcohol in my life, but I somehow doubt you'd believe me...

I love all these different ways of saying drunk. You could be pissed, rat arsed, bladdered, hammered, legless, mullered, plastered, trousered, or to be more eloquent you could be inebriated or intoxicated. To reference a Michael MacIntire joke, you could use any word to mean pissed. 'Totally Gazeboed' is his example. I quite like the word 'Badgered' to describe ones drunken state, so should you ever need to tell someone that you are drunk, use the word 'Badgered', or if that is to eloquent for you, just tell them 'I'm fucked'.

People’s behaviours change as well when they are badgered, which I find rather humorous. If they're not walking around confessing their love to everyone, whether they've known them for years or just met them, their personality is opposite to the norm. If they're usually a happy, cheery person who is always full of energy; after a few Vodka shots, they’ll be asleep, if not very quite. The quiet person who'd normally sit in the corner is usually the person you'll find on the table trying to dance and sing karaoke after a mouthful of WKD. I've always found it amusing to watch.

I am aware this blog is making me sound like a boring old sod as usual, like the rest of my blogs really, but it's just what I'm like. I don't go to the local park with a crate of Lager and drink until I am totally badgered, but then I've never really conformed to the stereotype of a teenager that the media has created. I'd be useless as a character on Skins.
Anyway, I'm aware that this has been a pointless blog, but hey, it's only been a short one.

Toodles m’dearys
xXXx


Here is a related song by The Lancashire Hotpots, have a listen...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_SvILZoQsc&feature=related

No comments: