Sunday 4 March 2012

My Day With The Stars

I don't really enjoy doing blogs about events in my own life. I don't understand why anyone would be vaguely interested in anything I have ever done in my life, unless they were nosey, a stalker or in need of their own life. However, sometimes things happen that I want to share, and I take pictures that I think are occasionally worth sharing. In the past two years, I have taken over 6000 pictures and I only have 198 on my Flickr page: THAT is how self critical I am...

Anyway, this week, I spent a day with the stars in London (not as exciting or interesting as it sounds).

Thursday evening I took the girlfriend to go and see the West End musical Blood Brothers for her birthday. It was superb, and I can not find one fault with it. The storyline was brilliant, with it giving laugh-out-loud moments, as well as emotional moments which made the three old ladies behind us weep loudly at the end. It was incredibly clever. Okay, it wasn't the most complex story, and easily decipherable, with everything having a symbolic meaning, but it was still gripping.

The singing was excellent too. Every single member of that cast could belt out a pitch-perfect song when required. The member of the cast who stole the show for me was Marti Pellow. I was in awe of him playing The Narrator. That is the first time for a long while that has happened. His voice was filled with power, and his character was very interesting. His song 'Shoes On The Table' really grabbed me by the ears, and I want that song, with him singing it, on my iPod to listen to whenever I want.

That was the first part of my day with with the stars. The second part happened the next day (but within 24 hours, thus why I'm saying 'day') when we went to Madame Tussuads. What will now follow is a series of images:

Here I am with Sherlock Holmes (Filmatic version). I am having an intellectual conversation with him, but he seems to be blanking me...

Here is me and my mate Alfred Hitchcock. We love a good old laugh, and here we are doing our best Zombie impression. I'm afraid to say he is much better at it than I.

The girlfriend met her idol: Tinkerbell. However, they do seem to have captured Tinks and kept her in a glass bowl. We saw no food, water or air holes, so I'm not sure how much longer she will live.

A Rugby player took a disliking towards me. Had to go to hospital with cracked ribs and the like. He never apologised, just looked at me with no soul behind his eyes. Not a very nice person; I wasn't even trying to take the ball off him.

Then met her Royal Highness. I think she has been using Olay, because she looks a lot younger than she does on the TV. The Duke of Edinburgh lurking in the background, just before my wallet went missing...

The Beatles needed a fifth member to do some singing, and seeing as I already had the haircut, they asked to be that member. They soon abandoned me though...

Me and the Dali Lama had a real good laugh. He is a rude sod when you get him alone; you wouldn't believe the stuff he said to me about 'tranquility', as he called it...

Here I am with Mayor of London, Boris Johnson. His hair blinded the camera, but he did apologise in his bumbly fashion.

Barack Obama needed a break, so he let me hold the fort for a little while. I plotted a few evil plans and put them into action. When he came back, he just laughed before telling me to bugger off.

I bumped into Saddam Hussein, and I gave him a disapproving look. He felt so bad for everything, he just couldn't look me in the eyes.

On the way out, the Hulk stole my girlfriend. I haven't seen her for days now. If you know where she is, please call this number: 0800 4855 623. Thank you.

After that, I went for a walk down Baker's Street, had a look at 221B, then came home and ate some Bubble and Squeak.

That was my day with the Stars. I may have lost my girlfriend to a large, green, irritated man, but I have lots of lovely memories...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You really have a very handsome face, even quite resembling Nicholas Hoult. I hope you won't mind me saying this, but maybe you could incorporate workout in your weekly activities, then I'm sure you'll be such a heartthrob if you aren't already. :)

I got here thru your Chicken Pox blog, by the way. I'm stuck at home with it, too.

Anyway, have a nice day!