Wednesday 26 November 2008

Woolworth-less and the End to the MFI Sale

The credit crunch has killed many businesses, mainly the smaller ones, but now the big, well known are falling fowl of the money problems we are facing and the two latest ones are Woolworths (one of the best loved and most known retail stores in Britain) and MFI (that furniture store). Woolworths have been around nearly a century and is the one company you’d least expect to go in administration. You would have thought it would be a safe company in invest in, but it just shows anything can happen.

If I had enough money I would make so much money out of all of this though. I would buy the two companies, and then sell all the stock at low prices, then sell all the property. Woolworths have over 800 stores, so that’s a good few million I could make out of that. If anyone wants to help me with my business venture, then you’re more than welcome. Although I know how we could save Woolworths. We should keep the ‘pick ‘n mix’, but put it up really high so that little children can’t steal the sweats. Also, they should rename it and call it ‘Pick one, and don’t mix!’ Well that’s my idea. I don’t suppose they’ll take my plan on board though.

MFI have also had to go into administration. Now that is their own fault if you ask me. Like other furniture stores, they constantly have sales on, and you can’t help but think, if they weren’t constantly doing sales they may actually have made some money, and stopped this from happening. Mind you, they have lots of huge stores and nice furniture so could make quite a bit of money out of them too. If only I was older and richer!

So the question is who will be next? We’ll have to wait and find out, it won’t be a long wait though, that I can promise you. Gordon Browns big idea to cut VAT and numerous other ideas may work when they are put into place, but I doubt it. Labour have really messed everything up haven’t they?

No comments: